This summer blend of vegetables is one of my favorite side dishes to cook. When corn, zucchini, and bell pepper are in season, it’s a great blend of flavors. I like to cook whatever is in season because that’s when they have the best flavor and the price is reasonable. They also cook really fast when grilled, steamed or sautéed with olive oil and garlic.
In this simple recipe I blend fresh corn kernels, zucchini and red bell pepper. The natural sweetness of the vegetables are complimented by the flavors of olive oil, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs with rosemary, thyme, oregano, savory and other herbs. If you have a bag of frozen whole corn kernels in your freezer, you can use that in this recipe. The zucchini and red bell pepper need to be cut about the same small size for faster cooking.
To Make the Vegetables
Heat up a saute pan or skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium/high heat. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic in and lower the heat to medium. Let the garlic cook for 10 seconds until it is fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
Then stir in the zucchini, red bell pepper and corn kernels. Let it cook for four minutes on medium/high heat. Season it with two pinches of dried herbes de Provence. Then add the salt and freshly ground pepper to your taste. Cook the vegetables for another four minutes just until tender but not mushy.
I hope you try cooking this delicious summer blend vegetable saute. It’s one of my favorite side dishes in the summer. It’s a good accompaniment to chicken, beef, pork or even fish. The best part is it cooks in about ten minutes. It will be a hit on your next barbecue.
Summer Blend Vegetables with Herbs
- 1 lb fresh corn kernels (or frozen), about 2 cups
- 2 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise and diced 1/2 inch
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and diced 1/2 inch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches of herbes de Provence
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan on medium/high heat. Add garlic to the oil and lower heat to medium. Let garlic cook for 10 seconds until it is fragrant.
- Stir in zucchini, red bell pepper, and corn. Season it with salt and pepper to your taste. Add a couple of pinches of dried herbs de Provence. Stir it together. Let it cook for another 3 minutes until just tender. Serve immediately.