To celebrate the season this Halloween Spooky Candy Bark is a fun treat to make for kids (and adults). You know how we all have so much candy for Halloween? Well, this is the best way to use them up.
The key to making this candy bark is to be creative in using whatever candy you like. Some of the interesting ones are shaped like ghosts, pumpkins, bones, ghouls, skulls, and bats. For classic Halloween colors, you can’t go wrong with M&M’s and Reese’s which comes in orange, brown, purple, black and lime green. Of course, you can add small candy bars.
Another fun thing to add is Halloween sprinkles. There are so many varieties available now to choose from and they are so affordable. So have fun with it!
For me I like to make the Halloween candy bark a little more healthyish so I use dark chocolate. Then I also add crunchy pumpkin seeds, pistachios, and dried cranberries. This way, I don’t feel all the guilt from eating a sugary treat.
The best part of making this Halloween spooky candy bark is when you make them with your kids. Let them pick the candy and toppings they love and add it. They can even make their own individual little bark. I’m sure they will always remember this fun activity as they grow up. Happy Halloween!
Halloween Spooky Candy Bark
- 12 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup each of M&M Halloween mix orange, purple and lime green
- 3 small Kitkat bars cut in half
- 1 bag Haribo Ghostly gummy candy pumpkin, bats, skull, skeleton
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp roasted pistachios
- 2 Tbsp Pop Sugar skull and bones candy white
- 2 Tbsp Reese's candy with crunchy shell orange
- 1 Tbsp Halloween sprinkles pumpkin and ghosts
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water on medium/low heat. As chocolate starts to melt, stir it with a rubber spatula until completely melted and smooth. Turn off heat.
- Pour melted chocolate on the parchment paper. Spread chocolate evenly with an offset spatula, to about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and pistachios on top. Add the candies and sprinkles. Immediately refrigerate the candy bark to set for 10-15 minutes. Take it out and let it set completely on the counter. When chocolate is completely hard, break bark into pieces.