These easy rocky road bars are the perfect quick, easy dessert if you are craving for something gooey, chocolatey, crunchy, nutty and sweet. Toasted marshmallow and chocolate swirled together gives out the rocky road flavor. Crunchy toasted almonds on top compliments the flavors. Good for any day!
Easy Rocky Road Bars
- 12 graham crackers
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 oz. dark chocolate chips 60% cacao
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place whole almonds on a half baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Toast almonds for 12 mins. When ready, take almonds out of the oven and chop it . In a small pot place 1 inch of water and let simmer on medium heat.
- Lay parchment paper on a half baking sheet. Lay graham crackers on the parchment paper. Cut smaller pieces of graham crackers to fill the rest of the spaces.
- Add marshmallows on top of graham crackers. Spread it around leaving 1/2 inch on the edges. Toast in the oven until marshmallows just start to melt together and start to lightly brown (about 5 mins.)
- While marhsmallows are toasting, turn down heat to low on the simmering water. Place chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl. Put glass bowl on top of the pot with simmering water. Stir chocolate a few times until smooth.
- Add condensed milk to chocolate and mix it in until smooth. (Do this fast or it will dry hard). Turn off heat.
- Take graham crackers/marshmallow out of the oven. Pour the melted hot chocolate on top and swirl a few times with a spatula. Top with almonds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more. Cut into 20 bars.