Yakisoba is the Japanese version of the Chinese Lo Mein or Chow Mein. The chuka soba noodles are stir fried with chicken, vegetables and sauce. You can use many different kinds of vegetables like mushrooms, snow peas, green beans or baby bok choy. Beef, pork or tofu can also be used for the protein.
Yakisoba with Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 8 oz bag Chuka Soba Noodles
- 2 skinless chicken breast sliced in bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger peeled and minced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce + more for serving
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp Sambal Oelek chili paste
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil water in a pot on medium/high heat for the noodles.
- Heat oil in a wok or saute pan on medium /high. Stir in chicken and cook for 4 mins.
- Add garlic and ginger. Stir and let cook for 1 min.
- This is a good time to drop noodles in boiling water. Cook noodles for 5 mins. ONLY. While noodles are boiling, add green onions, carrots, celery, cabbage, broccoli and chicken broth into the wok. Stir and let cook for 5 mins.
- Turn heat to low. Drain noodles well and add to vegetables. Mix in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili paste and freshly ground pepper to taste.