Superbowl is a fun time when Americans consume a lot of snacks or finger foods. While watching the game, we enjoy munching on chips and salsa, guacamole, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken fingers, drinking cocktails, etc…… Here’s one of the salsa dips that I make for tortilla chips. I add black beans for a protein boost.
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup red or white onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- ½ lime juice only
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl place black beans, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.