If you like tropical flavors this easy coconut pineapple ice cream is a delicious treat to make. When it’s really hot outside, what better way to beat the heat. The best part, there are only 4 ingredients in it.
One of the best gifts I got is a Cuisinart ice cream maker from Williams Sonoma. So fun to use in this recipe! Churning the ice cream takes only 20 minutes. The rest of the time is freezing and waiting for it to harden.
When using this ice cream maker, always keep the tub in the freezer so its ready to use anytime you want to make ice cream.
Only 4 Ingredients
You can find these 4 ingredients easily available in most stores – canned coconut milk, condensed milk, fresh pineapple and unsweetened desiccated coconut. You can substitute canned pineapple in its own juice (no added sugar). If you can find fresh coconut, you can certainly use the white meat and grate it in the food processor. (Make sure you peel off the brown skin though before grating)
The process begins with blending the coconut milk and condensed milk in the blender until you see only 1 color. Next, transfer the milk mixture into the pre-frozen ice cream maker tub. Start churning. Then slowly add the diced pineapple and desiccated coconut into the tub. Let it churn for 20 minutes and voila! The ice cream is now ready to go in the freezer. Transfer it in a freezer safe container with lid. It will be good to freeze it for 6 hours to overnight. It will be soft serve at 6 hours and more firm if frozen overnight.
The first time I tried using an ice cream maker I wasn’t sure how the ice cream would turn out. This one, I like a lot for its taste, texture and consistency. Now I’m thinking to try making peach or avocado ice cream. They both sound amazing. What do you think?
Easy Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
- 1 canned coconut milk about 15 oz.
- 1 canned condensed milk about 14 oz.
- ⅔ cup fresh pineapple diced
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- Use a blender and mix coconut milk and condensed milk until you see only 1 color. Transfer this mixture in a pre-frozen tub of an ice cream maker.
- Place the tub in the ice cream maker, with the paddle. Cover it and lock. Turn it on to start churning. Slowly add the diced pineapple and desiccated coconut into the ice cream while its churning. Let it churn for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off the ice cream maker. Transfer the mixture in a freezer safe container with lid. Cover and let it freeze overnight.